CURRENT EVENTS WITH VFHS
Registration is now open for our 2015 Annual Conference: Register Online
WE are excited to announce that our 2015 VFHS Annual Conference will be held March 19-21, 2015 at the Fredericksburg Hospitality House & Conference Center. We are currently working on our agenda for the conference so please check our conference page for updates as they become available.
The annual conference is a great opportunity to get together with animal welfare professionals, volunteers and people who simply care about animals and who want to learn more about animals or how to make a difference during this dynamic three-day conference. This is a great chance to benefit from workshops given by experts in the field as well as to share ideas, information and plans while visiting one of Virginia's historic cities!
The conference features practical information and current topics in animal welfare, which also provide continuing education credits for Humane Investigators and Animal Control Officers, making it possible to earn 15 CEU credit hours.
You may reserve your hotel room now at the discounted conference rate of $99 by following this link: Fredericksburg Hospitality House Reservations
A special thank you goes out to our Host Agency for the conference! TO BE ANNOUNCED!!!
Exciting new program from SpayVA:
Spay VA is proud to announce spay/neuter grant funds were awarded to qualified organizations at the end of this year's conference in Roanoke. This is a new program that Spay VA offered for the first time this year to better serve Federation members in their spay/neuter programs.
- Organization is a 501c3.
- Organization is a Federation member in good standing (yearly dues paid and current application) and their organization serves the state of Virginia.
- Organization attends the conference and is present to receive funding awarded at the end of the conference.
- Funding covers spay/neuter surgeries only.
- Amount/animal is capped at $45.00. If amount of surgery exceeds this per animal, organization must have the capacity to fund the remainder through co-pays or fundraising.
- Organization must provide a report of how money was spent as requested by the Federation. Monthly reports on how many animals were fixed will be required.
Thank you very much to all who applied and attended the conference.
State Coordinator, Spay VA
2014 Spay/Neuter Grants were awarded to the following VFHS member organizations:
Alleghany Humane Society
Animal Resources of Tidewater
Angels of Assisi
AWAG of Appomattox
Giles Animal Rescue
Humane Society of Loudoun County
Humane Society of Nelson County
Humane Society of Warren County
Ring Dog Rescue
SNAP (Spay/Neuter All Pets)
Shenandoah Valley Spay/Neuter Clinic
Twin County Humane Society
SPCA of Winchester, Frederick & Clarke Counties
CURRENT LEGISLATION - STAY INFORMED