Our Mission Statement:
The Virginia Federation of Humane Societies leads an alliance committed to providing mutual support and to acting collectively as the voice for animal welfare in Virginia.
Our Vision is to be the leading advocate for ending unnecessary euthanasia of cats and dogs and advancing animal welfare throughout the Commonwealth of Virginia.
The Virginia Federation of Humane Societies seeks to realize this vision through the following objectives:
- assisting and advising our member organizations;
- assisting and encouraging the establishment of animal welfare organizations;
- combining the efforts of all member organizations to improve animal welfare;
- addressing the issues of animal cruelty and pet overpopulation within the Commonwealth of Virginia;
- fostering humane attitudes through education and other activities;
- collaborating and benchmarking with fellow state federations;
- advocating for transparent and accurate reporting of animal statistics